Ireland’s energy users are presented with an exposure to the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) and to other carbon charges and taxes in a variety of ways:
- For large thermal users, directly via the EU ETS scheme
- Through electricity supply contracts, via explicit or embedded hedges
- On fuel use, including site fuel use and road haulage costs
Since 2018, the dramatic and sustained increase in carbon prices has presented an even greater challenge for large energy users.
Key deliverables from Kore Energy’s Carbon Management service:
- Daily carbon price tracking and analysis
- Negotiation of carbon price levers within electricity supply contracts
- Execution of carbon trades, including EUA / CER swaps
- Carbon tax calculation and advice
Kore Energy will keep you up to date on Green Energy developments and requirements. To find out more about Carbon Management contact us today.